Sunday, May 22, 2011

I love a good debate, and this guy has some good questions. This is ongoing at you-tube on the Saturday Suprise video.

Q: So you're saying that the more you dig, the more you find? Becuase you stated that "the more you dig, the more you find" is the biggest fable out there. I'm still not sure what you mean. Thanks for the reply.

A:  All depends on "Where" you are digging. Yesterday I dug a spot on Lynx creek, the richest gold stream in Arizona. The bedrock I was working was a soft clay type shist, very rare for the area I was working, I found 2-3 dollars worth of gold. Why? Beacuse gold forms in streaks, the area I was working was about 70 feet from bank to bank, a streak is usually from 6-8 inches wide. If the streak had been running across this bedrock Im sure it would have been a 2-3 hundred dollar day. So the point is, not all the gravels in a streambed contain gold. Specks and small pepper sized flakes are common, and can be found scattered throughout the creek. I think I'll go out tomarrow and make a video just for you and try to explain this a little better. Thanks for the question.

Q: Well pound for pound, it sounds like the more dirt you move, the better you're chances are overall.
I have another question for you. During the rainy season, doesn't the floods wash away most of the existing gold and deposit new gold? So wouldn't most areas kind of be reborn with new gold to find?
So its sort of like brand new land with gold after each rainy season? So in theory, a hundred years vs a year would be the same? Sort of anyway? I suppose its not but how??

A: On lynx creek we just dont get enough rain to move 4 feet of overburden. The last big move on Lynx was 7 1/2 years ago, some areas got striped out and pocketed alot of gold, others didnt change at all. Some areas on Lynx are so wide that its likely the overburden will never move unless someone moves it with a shovel. Smaller washes pocket gold more often with alot less rain and thats why I hunt them. The wider the creek, the more water you need to get the same result.