Monday, December 13, 2010

Another week begins

  Well saturday was fun, but the gold was playin' hard to get which is usually the case on upper Lynx creek. This is the main reason I like hunting smaller washes, dont get me wrong, there is still ALOT of gold on upper lynx, but there is also alot of overburden that has to be moved in order to get it.

  I'm a big fan of letting the creek do the work for me, this is almost impossible on upper lynx as many parts of the creek are 50  feet wide or more, and I cant imagine how much rain it would take to move the overburden in those areas. Locating a streak in this area is also a near impossible task, as streaks tend to be less than a foot wide. I'll talk more about streaks later.

  So tomarrow I'm off to a little hot spot that has given up 6 pickers, and my gut tells me theres a nugget near by, never shrug off a gut feeling, it does'nt always pay off, but it has worked enough times to convince me to act on it. I have some video of the spot already but I'm not going to upload it till I'm sure I have worked this spot completely.

  It's a busy week for me as I'm sure it is for everybody being so close to Christmas. Saturday is a no prospecting day, but I may be able to get out on Sunday. There is a small chance for rain almost everyday this week and I'm getting impatient waiting for those winter rains. Well Merry Christmas all, and I should have a video to upload this week.

Good luck out there,

JKLyon